Snowflake Decorations from Toilet Paper Rolls
One of the best things about winter is the snow! But you don’t need to wait for a blizzard to have a little snowflake fun. With a few toilet paper rolls and some paint, you can make your own beautiful paper snowflake decorations! Making snowflakes is a fun and easy winter craft that you can do with your kids. And the best part is, you probably have all the materials you need at home already! Keep reading to learn how to make your own winter wonderland.
What You’ll Need to make these snowflake decorations:
- Toilet paper rolls (3-10)
- White spray paint
- Hot glue gun
- Ribbon (optional)
How to make these snowflake decorations step by step:
- Start by flattening a roll, creasing the edges. You can use the handle of your scissors to get a nice crease.
- Next, cut your toilet paper roll into 6 equal pieces, abut 1/2″ wide each. You can use a ruler or just eyeball it.
- Now start buy placing 6 pieces where they meet in the center. Keep in mind snowflakes have six points or sides.
- Next, add another layer of pieces to the first, experimenting with the design, creating 6 identical “spokes” without glueing anything yet.
- Try folding some pieces in half to make a V-shape for a different look.
- Once you’ve decided on a design, it’s time to start glueing the pieces together! Start with the center and work your way out, making sure to keep the design radially balanced. Radial balance is symmetry in several directions. Visual elements are arranged around a central point in the composition, like the spokes on a bicycle wheel.
- Now it’s time to decorate! You can spray paint your snowflake however you like. Once you’re finished, let your snowflake dry, attach a ribbon if you want it to be used as an ornament.
Video Christmas Home Tour:
Be sure to check out my Christmas home Tour on YouTube!
Photo step by step
Making snowflake decorations is a fun and easy way to spend a cold winter day! All you need is some toilet paper rolls, scissors, and glue, and you’re ready to get started. Follow the steps above to learn how to make a simple snowflake, or get creative and make your own designs. Whatever you do, make sure to have fun and enjoy your winter craft!